Yes, you heard me right! You can redecorate your entire home at literally no cost to you. Here are a few tricks and tips on how to do this:
- Take an old throw out of the closet and display it over the arm or back of your couch. Not only is this trick super chic but it is also super inviting!
- Use your fashion as decor. Display your fabulous bags and hats on shelves not being used
- Stylize all of your shelves- Whether it be your bookshelf or a shelf on your nightstand, make it stand out! Add some decorative candles or any small decor objects you have stored away.
- Change the position of your furniture. Just by switching your couch or bed to the other side of the room can make a huge difference.
- Hang new art- There are tons of websites where you can find printable free art. Print out anything that inspires you and put it in one of the many picture frames you have stored away. In addition to this tip, take down any posters or pictures you have up on your walls without a frame. Nothing says tacky more than art that isn’t framed!
- We all have old books stored away. Make good use out of them by bringing them out as decor. Stack a few books on top of each other on your coffee table or on an entryway cabinet. Not only is this a super cute decorating idea, but it is a great conversation starter!
- Switch out your shades between rooms. You’ll be surprised on what a difference this will make!
- Turn your jewelry into decor. Take those jewels out of that box and display them on a tray on your dresser.
- Save your wine bottles and use them to display flowers
- Change your desktop background (and screen saver) to match your space.
- Switch out pillows between rooms. Take your couch pillows and replace them with the throw pillows on your bed.
- Paint your dresser/ cabinet knobs/ handles. Just changing the color of them can make a world of difference in your space.
Hope this post has been helpful and please feel free to leave any questions or comments in the comment section below!